Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rose Bowl Bound

I’m not actually leaving for Pasadena until New Year’s Eve, but as I’m heading out to the track tomorrow and I’ll be busy the day of departure, I thought I’d put out the vibe now. Once again, I am going to ask you good people to gather up all your positive energy and good thoughts to influence, via the magic of quantum physics, the outcome of a football game. But not just any game. Dear no. For this is the granddaddy of them all, the one, the only Rose Bowl. My beloved Ducks will be facing off with the brutish Buckeyes of Ohio State, a team so uninteresting and bland that their coach wears, as a signature, a sweater vest.

As I informed you all before the Civil War game, I was present fifteen years ago when Joe Paterno’s Penn State team, led by Ki-jana Carter and Kerry Collins whooped up on my Ducks and won the game 38-20. I don’t think I can take it again, and I need my drunk to be a happy one this time around.

So can you say it for me one time, gentle, informed and intelligent readers: Go Ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment